Choosing skincare products
Look for products that nourish and protect
It is important to choose a skincare product line carefully. After all, your skin is your body’s largest organ.
- Choose a line of products developed to work together to produce optimal results – products developed to work in synergy.
- Base your choice on whether the product line can provide human cells with natural, essential elements needed for proper functioning.
Such elements are:
- Lipids for cell membranes
- Amino acids that make up collagen and elastin proteins
- Complex carbohydrates to provide cells with energy
- Water to ensure ongoing cell hydration
- Antioxidants to protect skin from free radicals
- Anti-inflammatory agents to fight off the effects of environmental aggressions
All of these elements, in conjunction with a healthy diet, will nourish and/or protect your skin.
Read the labels
You should always read the labels of your cosmetics, skincare products and supplements very carefully – just like you would check the labels of the foods you serve to your family.
- Look at the list of ingredients when you want the whole truth: the order of ingredients indicates their relative concentration in the product. (Example: On the front of a label, you see that the product contains marine collagen. Turn the label around, and you see it is the 20th ingredient listed.)
- Look for pure, natural and chemical-free ingredients.
- Pay close attention to different claims and logos. (Example: Organic, etc. )
- Pure,natural and chemical-free ingredients.
- Do your research:
- When you go online, are the product ingredients listed on the company site? If not, it isn’t a good sign!
- Is there a ® or ™ beside an ingredient name? Careful – it may be nothing more than clever marketing.
Be an informed consumer
Talk to a healthcare professional for reliable information on skincare and skin health.